Opal Alterations is a local tailoring studio in Canberra that also offers a unique mobile service for dry cleaning and alterations. Customers can enjoy the benefits of a high quality dry cleaning and tailoring either at home or in the Belconnen store. The team at Opal Alterations assures a quality experience for all of their services. They also offer custom embroidery service to customise a great range of products.
Despite having a strong hold on the Canberra market, Opal Alterations weren’t getting enough attention to their mobile services through their original website. Opal lacked in customers finding their dry cleaning and alteration services through mobile devices, and online bookings were low for mobile dry cleaning. What they needed was a more professional looking website that would also highlight their mobile services as a key part of their business. There were also limitations to the user interface of their original template website, which interfered with the overall user experience and interface design.
- We worked closely with the client to ensure that we understood their vision and requirements for the new website
- Our team took the time to understand their business goals and target audience
- We worked with stakeholders to understand their style preferences for the site design and create a website that was tailored to their exact needs
- The design was altered multiple times according to client requests until they were completely satisfied
- Throughout the project we openly communicated with stakeholders, offering regular project management updates.
- We conducted thorough market research to get an understanding of Opal Alteration’s situation in the market and target audience
- We chose the social media platforms of Facebook and Instagram to target various users from each platform
- A social media content strategy was developed for each platform to create consistent content for the audiences
- We created a comprehensive hashtag library to increase the reach of posts
We seamlessly integrated Opal Alterations’ branding into the new website. We included their brand colours and the right images in the website to create a professional look and feel that was aligned with the branding. Their website now reflects the high-quality tailoring and dry cleaning services offered at Opal Alterations.
- Gold and black branding colours.
- Professional presence.
- Clean and fashionable style.
We incorporated various UI elements to increase the visual appeal of the website.
- The navigation panel features a shrinking, highlighted effect upon mouseover, increasing audience engagement.
- The largely black colour of the website combined with white and gold evokes a sense of high quality among users.
- Engaging illustrations were inserted into a section on the home page to demonstrate to customers how their mobile service worked.
- Parallax features on images link to the various services offered and prompt the customer to explore further.
We built a custom website for Opal Alterations, to provide an overall better user experience with improved loading speeds. We integrated WordPress in the backend with a custom theme development.
- The new navigation structure was made to be cleaner and easier to follow.
- We included the addition of 3 user-friendly tabs on the main landing page, which immediately introduces the booking process of Opal’s mobile services.
- This process is now seamlessly accessible, all on one screen with limited clicks required..
- We also integrated a responsive booking service to capitalise on online bookings through mobile services
- An expanding FAQ section allows customers to solve their queries efficiently.
- As we do for most of our clients, we provided two months of website support after the launch of the website.
- This included 24/7 monitoring of the website.
- We provided the relevant stakeholders with training for website management to help them easily manage and add new content to the website.
Ongoing Maintenance and Support
We provided ongoing monitoring, maintenance and bug fixing during the support period:
- Basic SEO
- Submitting the website to all search engine webmasters
- On-page and off-page optimisation
- Redirecting URLs from the old websites to the new website
- Domain management
- 24/7 monitoring
- Google Cloud hosting
- SSL certificate installation
We also worked to optimise all the meta details of the website for better SEO.
- We fixed all major SEO issues that prevented proper indexing of the website pages.
- We took care of on-page SEO errors and site structure errors
- Ongoing keyword targeting strategy
- We optimised accounts on each platform
- We produced and posted one organic piece of content per week on each of the chosen platforms
- We maintained regular engagement with the community through liking and commenting to build a good rapport
- We created automated messages to provide instant replies to customer queries to improve customer satisfaction
- Only organic tactics were used to run the social media pages
We have enjoyed watching Opal Alterations thrive with our help.
- 243.2% increase in Organic Traffic
- 566.6% increase in New User Traffic
- 55.55% increase in Total Website Traffic
- 79.6% increase in Overall Website Conversions
- 35.71% decrease in Website Bounce Rate
- 2.79% average engagement rate in the first month
- Increase in online enquiries through social messaging systems
- Follower increase & regular reviews
- Our best performing post had an engagement rate of 26% engagement rate within the first three months
- An average engagement level of 12.55% over the past month (April 2020)
- 26% organic follower increase in the past four months (April 2020)
- Organic impression rate between 62.75% and 300%
- Profile visits between 35 to 112 per post