Ugly Fish Optics is an affordable and stylish Australian eyewear label specialising in quality prescription and optical glasses. They provide a range of eyewear solutions with glasses and sunglasses suitable for everyone including babies, adolescents and adults. Their fashionable styles that focus on comfort and function will have you pleased from the moment you put them on.
New User Visits+5%
Growth in Website Revenue183.5%
Growth in Total Website Users115.6%
Increase in Organic Website Traffic153%
Increase in Keywords Indexed48.84%
The team over at Ugly Fish wanted to revamp their Shopify website to better align with their brand and to keep their site up-to-date. While their current website was functional, it had grown old and was unable to reflect the affordable and stylish aesthetics of Ugly Fish.
Ugly Fish Eyewear was facing multiple challenges with their website before they came to us. This included having trouble bringing traffic to their website, with difficulty converting the little traffic that they did get. They needed help maintaining and marketing their website, so we stepped in and suggested several solutions to solve these issues.
We worked closely with the client and stakeholders during regular project management updates to ensure that we understood their:
- Vision and requirements for the new website.
- Business goals and target audience
- Requests to alter the design multiple times until complete satisfaction.
Throughout the project, we worked on multiple facets of the business including:
We worked closely with the Ugly Fish team to balance out their playful nature with a clean and professional UI design for their website. With a focus on highlighting their products, we predominantly kept the website fairly simple with a logical navigation structure. With the addition of playful imagery and voice throughout the various landing pages, we were able to maintain the brand's unique and humorous side!
Ongoing Maintenance and Support
To ensure that we were with the client throughout and after the completion of the website, we implemented basic SEO and continued providing ongoing monitoring, maintenance and bug fixing.
- Our first priority was solving the extensive issues the client was facing with their website by fixing bugs and broken links from previous developers
- We take care of 24/7 site and security monitoring to ensure the best functionality for sales
- We moved the website from shared hosting to one of our powerful Google Cloud server spaces
- We added shop feed management to improve campaign results through optimised product feeds and gain visibility in other channels
- Budgeting issues with paid campaigns were resolved to increase campaign effectiveness
- The paid advertising speed and lodging time were optimised for better results
- Traffic and conversion rates were raised using ongoing pay-per-click and display ads.
Search Engine Optimisation
- We used comprehensive SEO strategies to further increase traffic
- Optimised pages, products, and content for search
- Improved rankings with thorough keyword planning
Within a period of 6 months, we achieved the following results:
- 6% increase in user visits
- 5% increase in new user visits
- 2.26% increase in seasons
- Through our marketing efforts, we were able to generate over 17% of their business.