Gym Meals Direct
Gym Meals Direct or GMD Canberra delivers high quality, freshly cooked nutritious meals to people in the Canberra and Queanbeyan regions. Packed with protein for active people, customers can choose from GMD’s delicious menu or create custom meal plans tailored to individual diet and lifestyle requirements. Pre-portioned and delivered to your door, these meals are not only healthy but offer a convenient solution for busy people.
Growth in Total Website Users89.16%
Increase in Organic Website Traffic222.9%
Increase in Keywords Indexed1671%
To be able to buy meals from their previous website, Gym Meals Direct customers had to go through several different pages and various steps before making their purchase. This lengthy process and poor user experience were undoing part of the company’s philosophy of simple and convenient meal solutions. Plus, they were losing potential customers. The website also lacked a discernable brand identity, with irregular layouts and outdated fonts. GMD needed an improved navigation and purchasing flow plus cohesive branding and structure throughout the site.
Gym Meals Direct was also having trouble reaching their target audience. They had low traffic on their website, and the traffic that they were getting was not being successfully converted. They were not getting the sales that their quality menu and convenient service deserved. Their challenge was to target the right audience to increase relevant traffic and improve the overall conversion rate of that traffic.
We worked closely with Gym Meals Direct to understand their market, businesses requirements, and design preferences. We worked with them to understand their audience of fitness-focused individuals, and created a streamlined, hassle-free solution that would best suit the brand and reduce the drop off of potential sales. We consulted them at every stage to ensure we met every design and development requirement.
- Understanding of target audience and business objectives
- Ongoing open communication via meetings, email, and phone calls
- Regular project management updates
- Project planning advice and technical support
User Experience Design (UX)
We created a new website for Gym Meals Direct Canberra with a highly efficient user experience design. This included simplifying steps of the customer journey, with intuitive and simple navigation. Using the new website, customers can check ingredients, customise meals and add to cart, all from one page! The user experience was designed to drive customers to place an order with a reduced number of clicks from homepage to purchase.
- Streamlined purchasing journey
- Conversion-driven user experience
- Easy-to-follow and user-friendly navigation
- Simple and intuitive layout design
- Custom meal plan generator
- Straightforward navigation
User Interface Design (UI)
We designed their new website to align with GMD’s branding and their fitness-focused target audience. Custom designed for Gym Meals Direct, their new website clearly communicates their brand identity. It effectively appeals to their fast-paced, life-style oriented market with a modern feel.
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Attractive design that pulls in the target audience
- Balance of content, images and products with branding
- Clearly communicated brand identity
- Simple yet modern layout design
With so many flavours and size variants available, we categorised and created structures for all the different meals available at Gym Meals Direct. Customers can now easily find the types of meals they need, whether it be breakfast, snacks, or a low-calorie meal. Simple for purchasers, and simple to manage from the backend.
- Product consulting
- Product management
- Product categorisation
- Product structuring
- Product migration
- Product optimisation
Custom Shopify Integration
We developed a custom Shopify theme for Gym Meals Direct with a simple, but engaging theme design. We ensured that the layout reflects their branding and captures the target audience’s attention, plus with a quality presence in mobile to drive conversions.
- Shopify platform development
- Engaging theme layout
- Content migration
Our full eCommerce website solution for GMD included a range of integrations to simplify the ordering experience for customers and staff. We consulted with our client to integrate various features such as customer login portals, delivery management and payment solutions. We even integrated a quiz that helps customers create a custom meal based on their requirements.
- Customer login portal
- Payment gateway integrations: PayPal, Afterpay, American Express
- Quiz for custom meal plan generator
- Integration of blog posts
- Delivery management: automated shipping, packing and tracking processes
- Supply and inventory management
- Meal bundle feature
Once the final website design and development was approved, we conducted thorough testing across GMD’s site. We made sure everything was up to scratch so that our client could make a strong impact on the market when they went live.
- Comprehensive website testing
- Mobile optimisation testing across different devices
Ongoing Support & Maintenance
Once a website goes live, we always offer support to our clients to make sure everything runs smoothly after the launch.
- 2 months support
- Website maintenance
- Website bug fixing
- Cloud hosting
- 24/7 security monitoring
We improved Gym Meals' branding and sharpened communication tactics to appeal to their target audience of health-conscious, active people who are too busy to cook healthy meals for themselves
- We also made use of highly targeted pay-per-click and display ads to generate an increased number of leads
- To compliment our PPC ads, we used retargeting strategies to capture interested customers who did not convert the first time
Search Engine Optimisation
- Our eCommerce SEO strategies increased visibility and organic traffic
- We used advanced page optimisation techniques and keyword targeting
- Ensured user experience improvements on various devices, with a focus on mobile optimisation
- 89.16% Growth in Total Website Users
- 222.9% Increase in Organic Traffic
- 1671.1% Increase in Keywords Indexed