Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation - Development
Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation is a not-for-profit youth group organisation established to protect and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in the ACT. From birth to adulthood, Gugan Gulwan aims to provide them with support systems and an extensive range of programs help to achieve success.
Some of their amazing programs offer support for issues including drugs and alcohol, mental health, child & family support, and a reconnecting program. They also have programs that focus on helping young people develop essential skills that will help them throughout their life. Gugan Gulwan finds ways to create opportunities for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and has their voices heard among the community and government.
Increase In Page Views39%
Increase In Sessions69%
Increase In Website Traffic80%
Gugan Gulwan’s previous website was not engaging their audience of Indigenous Australians. It didn’t contain the right brand language, nor did it convey what the organisation has to offer. Users were having a bad experience using the site, like finding a lack of content as well as experiencing difficulty finding pages they were searching for. The website wasn’t well suited to their current needs. Gugan Gulwan also had many amazing images that they were looking to include in the website but were unsure of how to do so. The main challenge was to engage their audience, educate them and increase interest and participation rates of their programs.
- We worked closely with stakeholders from Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation to ensure we understood their requirements with a comprehensive requirement gathering document
- We took time to understand their aims, target audience, and needs of their community
- We worked with the client to understand their concerns and style preferences for the new site design
- Throughout the project we openly communicated with stakeholders, offering regular project management updates
Custom Design and Branding
- To improve the branding, we designed a new website that was more suited to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community youth, with a consistent look throughout the pages
- The design of the new website has a more balanced approach, appealing to the youth and their families through a simple and modern design
- We used a dark background with pops of colour coming from the vibrant photos provided by the client, plus contrasting orange and white text
- Like all of our clients, Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation received 2 months of website support after launching
- This includes 24/7 monitoring of the website
- We provide the client with training for website management to help them easily add new content to the website