Wash Daze - Web Development
Wash Daze is a family-owned, self-serve laundromat in Queanbeyan that also features dog washing facilities. Wash Daze provides a convenient and affordable way for customers to get their laundry done with fast, easy to use premium quality washing machines. They have environmentally friendly washing detergents and softeners available, as well as wash, dry and fold services upon request. Not only do they cater for your laundry needs, but they also have services for your pets like pet item washing machines and twin dog washing stations.
Originally known as simply “Queanbeyan Laundromat”, Wash Daze was looking to create a website that would best communicate their services to customers. They needed to have more than just a Facebook page to stand out as one of the best laundromats in Queanbeyan. They needed a website and a proper brand identity, including logo design services. Our client wanted to brand their business to better suit their services, with the future scope to expand their laundry services to different areas of Canberra and beyond.
We took the time to understand the scope of the project for Wash Daze and their potential for growth. We worked closely with stakeholders with open communication to ensure we understood and collected all of their requirements from branding to going live. We understood their business model, goals, and the needs of their customers to help inform the content structure while taking into account the design preferences of our client.
- Requirement gathering document
- Open lines of communication via email and phone
- Project management and regular updates
Design and Branding
Changing from just being known as ‘Queanbeyan Laundromat’, we supported the team at Wash Daze with naming services for their business. With plans to expand the business in the future, they needed a name that could represent the franchise.
Not only providing branding and logo design services, but we also helped to generate name ideas. Our clients wanted a catchier, on-trend name to make the brand more appealing to customers. We presented our clients with some new logo designs and adjusted them according to the brand’s new colours. We designed a charming logo that was well suited to the brand and client requirements, providing the client with multiple different design options to choose from in the process.
- Provided brand naming services
- Unique logo design using brand colours
- Incorporated teal blue as a branding requirement for the new identity of Wash Daze
- Created a charming, easily recognisable logo
User Interface Design
Using the new brand name and design elements from the logo, we created a user-friendly website that has a clean and welcoming look. This professional approach also aims to reflect high-quality facilities as well as provide useful information about the facilities. The simple design of the website makes it efficient for potential store visitors to easily find and consume the right information about Wash Daze’s services, as well as prominent calls to action. We made all the relevant fields updatable in the back end in case of any changes to pricing or facilities.
- Simple website design with a professional but welcoming look and feel
- Incorporated the brand colours and styles into the website as the client desired, in a fresh and appealing way
- White and teal balanced to convey the pristine store facilities
- We used high-resolution photography of the store given from the client
- Designed with the potential of different branch expansion
- Highlighted separate services available
- Balanced text and visual content like images, maps and price-lists
- Call to actions for booking wash and dry services were prominently placed
- A statement regarding the impact of COVID-19 was added into the website with very short notice
User Experience Design
Design and Branding
The site is simple and fresh, with subtle effects to enhance the user experience. Fast loading speeds and image scrollers are complemented by subtle mouse over effects on buttons. Wash Daze’s services are well presented in the ‘Services’ page of the website, emphasising the efficiency of the available services. We placed a special focus on the newly introduced facilities available for pets, to increase the awareness of this facility among customers. Since Wash Daze has the intention of expanding the number of stores they have, the store map was integrated into the website in a way that allows more stores to be added in, at a later date.
- Logical user experience with simple navigation flow
- Simplified navigation structure
- Added simple yet elegant mouse over effects
- Scrolling images to increase engagement
- Highlight important services
- Map integration
- Social media links
As we do for all our clients, we provided 2 months of support after launching the Wash Daze website. This includes 24/7 monitoring of the website, maintenance, and backend training for their administration staff. After the site launched, their staff could manage the backend of the website and add or change content easily.
- 27/4 monitoring and bug fixing
- Ongoing support
- Back end training for Wash Daze staff
- Backend documentation
- Ongoing social media services
Ongoing Maintenance and Support
We provided ongoing monitoring, maintenance and bug fixing for Wash Daze during the support period. They also came on board to work with us for digital marketing and social media services.
- Comprehensive SEO
- Submitting the website to all search engine webmasters
- On-page and off-page optimisation
- Redirecting URLs from the old websites to the new website
- Domain management
- 24/7 monitoring
- Google Cloud hosting
- Digital marketing